You must fulfil the general conditions – and a few more
In order to obtain state education support (SU) for a whole study programme abroad, you must fulfil the general conditions for being granted SU. This means that you must fulfil the conditions that apply for being granted SU for a similar study programme in Denmark.
In addition, you must
- apply for SU for an approved study programme, i.e. a programme entered on the Fast Track list.
- or apply for approval and entry of the study programme on the Fast Track list, if the requested programme is not already on the list.
In addition, there are special conditions concerning your citizenship and the country in which you wish to study:
- if you are a Danish citizen, an EU or EEA citizen or a family member of an EU or EEA citizen and you wish to study in an EU or EEA country outside Denmark, you must complete a form detailing your ties with Denmark when you apply for SU for an EU/EEA country other than Denmark. Read more about the condition of ties with Denmark. If you have resided continuously in Denmark for at least two years within the past 10 years prior to the time of application, you need, however, not complete the form but may apply for SU directly in minSU. See how to send the form to us here.
- if you are a Danish citizen, an EU or EEA citizen or a family member of an EU or EEA citizen and you live/have lived with this family member and you wish to study outside the EU and EEA, you must complete a form detailing your ties with Denmark when you apply for SU for a study programme in a country outside the EU/EEA. Read more about the conditions for receiving SU for a study programme outside the EU/EEA. See how to send the form to us here.
- if you wish to apply for SU for the general upper secondary programme at the Duborg-Skolen in Flensburg or the A. P. Møller Skolen in Slesvig, you can apply for SU directly in minSU.
When you apply for SU for a study programme already entered on the Fast Track list, you must:
- document that you have been admitted to the programme. Read more about documentation of admission.
- apply for approval of each individual stage of education separately. This means that you must apply for approval again if you wish to proceed to a second-cycle programme for a first-cycle programme already approved, or if you wish to switch to another programme or place of education. You must fulfil the conditions at the time of this new application.
- as your studies progress, you must submit documentation of your study activity twice a year.